Monday, February 14, 2011

Freed vs. Union= Reunion with Great Friends

This past Saturday Freed played Union at home. This is always
a big game. Such a big crowd and usually a close game. I haven't
been able to see a game this year, so what better game to go to,
right? Freed is a 4 hour drive for me, but when Emmy told me
to meet her in Nashville and ride with her, I couldn't pass up the
opportunity.

This game was no different than the rest. It was a very exciting
game and it came down to the last minute. I kept finding myself
wanting to get in the game. I miss playing so bad and when you're
watching a big game with two rival teams, the memories start
flowing. Freed ended up with a win by 2 points. It was awesome!
I'm so glad that I went.

Aside from the great game I got to see, I also got to see some of the
best people in the world. I miss basketball no doubt, but I also miss
seeing my college friends. Once or twice a year just doesn't cut it. This
weekend was bittersweet. I absolutely loved seeing these girls and
catching up with them, laughing, and reminiscing, but it also reminded
me of how much I miss all of them. To make matters worse, my camera
decided not to work. :( And I had charged it specifically for this event and
once I got there it wouldn't come on. (And it still won't and I go to MN in
2 weeks so I'm pretty upset about that....but thats another story) So...
I only have a couple of pictures that I got from facebook.



This is one of my favorite pictures! I just love it and I love
these 2 girls. From left to right: Nicole aka Rainman, Kenzie
aka Kansas, and me :)


I was so glad to see these girls too. Of course two members of
MAKM ....Ashley and Kari. And I got to see Becky too!!! For those
of you who don't know Becky, she was my mom away from home
at Freed. She is an amazing person! She took us in like we were her
own. We spent so much time at her house and she would have us
over for lunch on Sundays after church. And believe me....the food
at her house was WAY better than Gano :) And Becky was our #1
fan. She was at all of our games, cheering as loud as she could.

I love all of you girls so much and I cherish the time I get to spend
with you, even if it's not as much as I would like.

3 comments:

  1. Will you be at Makin' Music??? Get that camera working!! Glad you got to see the game and some great girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still upset that I missed it. And to makes it worse we lost our game Saturday. It was horrible...we should not have lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordered a new battery for my camera. Keep your fingers crossed that that was the problem. Otherwise I will have to break down and buy a new one. Not sure on Makin Music just yet. I haven't bought my ticket.

    Mer- I'm still upset that you didn't get to come to the game too. It wasn't the same without you there. :(

    ReplyDelete